Sunday, September 28, 2014

MOSI Group Chat with Jamie

To prepare for the group chat with Jamie we watched a video and kept a list of terminology that we thought would be useful to know. After the video we got in our groups and looked up the words using the google keyword search that we learned in class. The last thing that we did to prepare for the video chat was make questions to ask Jamie, the question could be about anything we learned or wanted to know.

I learned a lot of things from the video chat, but what stood out to me the most was how many factory accidents there were. Kids were having their limbs ripped off or even having their fingers cut off by the machines. Another thing that I found interesting was how the countries made the mills safer by creating the Factory Act. The Factory act stated that nobody under the age of 9 could work at a mill. I found this to be safer than sending young kids to the factories where they are more likely to be hurt. The last thing that I found interesting was the fact that people could die from breathing in all the fibers and dust. Workers would get a disease where there was no room left in their lungs because of the fibers and dust and it caused them not to be able to breathe.

I think I learned more from the expert because he gave more in depth detail about what we were learning in class and gave better explanations of all the machines. I liked how we had a person who is an expert on the topic but I did not like the fact that the call kept dropping and the quality wasn't the best. I would like chatting from other experts, I think it will be cool.

A video from our chat! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2elcPIzAFTw&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment